White Background With Gold Text Logo of U.S. Immigration Law Counsel | Consular Processing Expert

Immigration Attorney Hollywood, FL

If you, a family member, or a loved one are planning to begin any process relating to immigration matters into the United States, then one of the best things that you can do is get in touch with an immigration attorney as soon as possible. The team at Florida Immigration Law Counsel has an immigration attorney in Hollywood available to speak with you at your earliest convenience and can discuss how our services will help you in whichever capacity you require.

Dealing with any sort of process through the US legal system as it pertains to immigration issues can be exhausting and overwhelming, if for nothing more than the seemingly-endless amount of paperwork that is required for each step. If you have ever worked with the Bureau of Consular Affairs before to apply for a visa, green card, or other sort of immigration process, then you are already aware of this fact. If you are planning to work with them for your first time, it is important that you are aware of how much an immigration attorney can help you achieve your goals faster, and with less stress.

The lawyers at our South Florida law offices specialize in immigration and nationality law and have decades of combined experience in deportation defense, securing green cards for clients and family members, and meeting all other Hollywood immigration needs.

Read more below about how an immigration attorney in Hollywood can help you if you work with the team at the U.S. Immigration Law Counsel. We are available to assist you with a variety of needs, such as visa applications, green cards, and deportation defense or appeals if necessary. Contact us now for an initial consultation, where you will be able to speak with a member of our team about your situation, the steps that you have already taken, and how we can help you move forward in a way that maximizes your chances of success.

How much does an immigration lawyer cost in Florida?

Our Hollywood immigration law firm offers a strategy session to all of our potential new clients where we listen to your situation and circumstances, and provide legal advice on matters relating to immigration and nationality.

After clients have chosen our law firm to represent them in deportation defense, becoming a U.S. citizen or for other legal counsel, we charge between $350 and $450 per hour for legal services plus a retainer. Additionally, you will have to submit payment along with forms you submit to USCIS to review, which cost between $50 to over $3,500, depending on your immigration needs.

When Do You Need an Immigration Attorney?

‘At more than 4 million, Florida has the largest percentage of immigrants than any other state (20 percent). Thus, thousands of people require the assistance of an immigration attorney in the sunshine state each year. With this in mind, every immigration-related situation does not call for an Immigration lawyer in Hollywood, FL. However, in many cases, an immigration attorney is an asset and will help you to make the right choices, follow the correct procedures, and ultimately advise you on complex immigration matters that you would otherwise have to figure out on your own. While a proven immigration lawyer can help in just about any area of immigration law, there are certain proceedings that you are especially advised to connect with an experienced attorney before moving forward such as:

  • You are deemed inadmissible by the USCIS or the consulate
  • You are currently (or in the past) in immigration court proceedings
  • The paperwork is confusing and/or overwhelming
  • Your application is unreasonably delayed

When should I hire an immigration lawyer?

There are a number of reasons why you would need to seek out an immigration lawyer because any number of issues related to your visas, immigration status, and immigration benefits can arise.

  • If you are planning on vacationing in the United States for more than 90 days unless you travel on the Visa Waiver Program.
  • You have married a US citizen after entering the country on a K-1 visa
  • You’re unsure whether or not you meet the eligibility requirements for a green card
  • You have been arrested or convicted of a crime and are worried that it will affect your immigration status
  • You received government assistance while residing in the US
  • You are seeking asylum
  • Your petition or application was denied, or you have had a petition or application denied in the past
  • You have an emergency immigration matter, such as being notified that removal proceedings will begin
  • You would like to return to the US after being deported
  • You want to move to the US for work and your US employer is not providing you assistance with the immigration process

Always Have An Immigration Lawyer Look Over Your Documents

While you could download the forms, fill them out, determine your eligibility based on what you read online, and submit payment, you could be wasting a lot of time and money. Our Hollywood FL immigration lawyers provide professional legal services and legal counsel to help our clients understand what U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and other agencies need to see in their applications in order to obtain the visas they desire. We ensure that you are filling out the right forms and following the process correctly.

If you are facing deportation or removal, then you will need to appear before an immigration judge in immigration court. Our South Florida law offices provide deportation defense as one of our practice areas with several years of experience helping our clients secure a cancellation of removal, or another option to help them avoid deportation, such as filing for a U visa.

When Immigration News Breaks Regarding Your Home Country

You may also want to seek out an immigration attorney after major news breaks regarding your home country. Immigration laws are subject to change and often are the central topic of heated debate. Depending on the political affiliation of who is in the White House, laws can change that affect the lives of immigrants currently in the United States or trying to enter. An example would be when the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announces that they are extending a Temporary Protected Status (TPS) designation, which could be anywhere from six months to 18 months, or are ending a TPS designation. In May 2021, Haitian immigrants living in the United States with TPS became eligible to request relief due to the social unrest, human rights abuses, and poverty exacerbated by the coronavirus pandemic in their home country. This could be big news for Haitian immigrants

How do I choose a good immigration lawyer?

Although immigration law is federal law, which means that you can seek out any immigration law office in the United States for representation, it’s best to choose an attorney who is local to you either in Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, or Miami. Ideally, you will pick an attorney in the same area where you plan to move yourself or your family.

Next, you will want to set up a consultation with those different lawyers so you can choose the right law office for your needs. It’s a good idea to speak to lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and Hollywood FL if you are looking to move to South Florida. You will need to bring any documents you have related to your immigration case to your initial consultation.

Another important quality to look for in an immigration attorney is to ensure that they are an actual attorney rather than a non-lawyer who is posing as an immigration expert, consultant, or uses other titles.

How Can an Immigration Lawyer Help?

Take a look below at some of the ways that an immigration lawyer can support your needs, and help you get through any number of complicated processes with the confidence that you need.

Visa Applications

There are a variety of different visas that an individual or family can apply to in order to visit the United States for a limited term, or under a limited scope. These visas include student visas, work visas, cultural exchange programs, and more. Each visa comes with its own limitations and requirements. In some cases, an individual may be granted a visa with the requirement that they attend a full-time academic program, and are not allowed to work at all. In other cases, someone may be issued a visa specifically for their work, and will be allowed to perform said work but will have other restrictions, such as a length of time or limitations regarding their travel.

In order to make sure that you correctly apply for your visa, and are in full compliance with all of the restrictions that come with this privilege, work with an attorney.

Green Cards

A green card is officially called a Permanent Residence Card, and it gives the bearer the right to work and live in the United States permanently, whereas a visa gives the bearer limited rights and a defined term. Green cards can be issued to people who have completed certain requirements while having a visa, have married a US citizen or green card-holder, or are the family member of a US citizen or green card holder, among other, more-specific methods.

Regardless of how you plan to work towards your own green card, it is highly suggested that you work with an attorney in order to ensure that your application is done properly and that you take all of the necessary steps to meet all of the requirements. Submitting an application after months of preparation only to be rejected due to an administrative error can be extremely frustrating, and may have negative impacts on your legal ability to remain in the country if you are on a tight deadline.

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some answers to common questions.

How do I know if I am speaking to a qualified expert in immigration law who can help me?

There are a few telltale signs that the person you are speaking with is not a qualified immigration attorney. Here are some tips to help you avoid a scam or bad advice:

  • Do not speak to lawyers at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) offices. They claim to provide professional legal counsel on how to obtain an immigrant visa, family-based visa, nonimmigrant visa, deportation defense, and a number of other services, but they are not immigration lawyers.

How can a green card application be denied?

There are many reasons why U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) could deny an application for an immigrant visa or green card. Among the various grounds for inadmissibility include:

  • Health conditions, such as having a communicable disease such as tuberculosis
  • A criminal conviction for a crime involving moral turpitude
  • Fraud or misrepresentation
  • If any prior applications for green cards have been denied in the past
  • Submitting an incomplete application for citizenship
  • There was an error on the application due to a language barrier

Just as there are ways green cards can be denied, there are ways that immigration lawyers can help. Our lawyers in Hollywood also have the following tips:

  • Make sure you get a proper passport photo in accordance with the rules set forth by USCIS. Failure to provide the correct type of photograph can result in having your visa denied.

Can I work in the U.S. while I am waiting for my green card?

USCIS can take several weeks or even months to process applications for green cards. If you are in the process of getting a nonimmigrant visa or citizenship, then it may be possible for you to work and earn an income in South Florida. In order to find out if you are eligible, it’s best to contact our lawyers in Hollywood who can advise you of your immigration benefits and limitations.

Individuals who have not received green cards and are not yet permanent residents are not legally authorized to work in the U.S. unless they receive an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), also known as a work permit. Additionally, you must speak with one of our lawyers in Hollywood so we can explain to you the different work permits available.

Depending on whether or not you are the individual or the South Florida employer who is looking to sponsor a worker, you will need to submit application forms to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The penalties for working when not authorized can include deportation, so be sure to speak to an attorney at one of our South Florida offices before you find yourself in front of an immigration judge for a violation that can be avoided.

Source: TravelState.gov

What is employment-based immigration?

When a business wants to sponsor a worker for immigration, then they will need to sponsor that worker and file a petition for an employment-based visa. There are several different types of visas and which one an individual applies to depends on their country of origin and the type of work that they are involved in, such as religious work or teaching. Our immigration lawyers have years of experience helping businesses sponsor a worker who is also a foreign national. Give our law office a call today to set up your consultation with us.

How do I prove that my spouse and I have been legally married and that our relationship is authentic?

When an individual applies for citizenship through marriage, USCIS wants to see evidence that the marital relationship is real and that you are genuinely trying to establish a life together rather than your marriage is based solely on trying to gain US citizenship. You will need to provide evidence that you have a legally recognized and valid marriage by showing your marriage certificate.

However, there are some situations where this can prove tricky because of the laws where you were married or the timeline of when you are applying. For example, if you are a same-sex couple and you were married in a country that does not recognize such marriages, or if one spouse is divorced did not become finalized until after they married their new spouse, then your application could be denied.

Do you recommend a specific type of visa if I want to become a permanent resident?

There are a number of options available to those that wish to permanently immigrate to the United States. Some of the most popular visas include family visas, fiance visas, work visas, etc. In some instances, you may be eligible for more than one type. Contact U.S. Immigration Law Counsel to learn more about the option(s) that will fit your needs best.

How many years will my green card be valid?

Initially, the first green card that you are issued will have a validity of two years (temporary green card). However, after those two years, you may be eligible for a permanent residence visa which has a validity period of 10 years. In most cases, you cannot be convicted of any criminal activity as well as maintain your eligibility to qualify for a permanent residence visa.

My visa expired and I am still in the U.S. What should I do?

Visa expiration is a matter that should be handled as quickly as possible to avoid potential penalties. Give us a call to speak with an immigration attorney in Hollywood, FL about your current immigration status and overall situation. Our attorneys will review your case and advise you on the best path to take moving forward.

What type of visa should I get if I am just planning on visiting?

If you are only planning to stay in the U.S. for a short period of time, the type of visa that you should get will depend on what you will be doing when you are in the U.S. It is recommended that you consult with an immigration lawyer in Hollywood, FL if you are not sure which option is best for you. Listed below are the most common types of non-immigrant visas.

U.S. Immigration Law Counsel

U.S. Immigration Law Counsel has decades of experience combined in immigration law in Hollywood, FL, where we serve individuals and their families as well as businesses in all aspects of immigration, permanent residency, deportation defense and other citizenship counsel. U.S. Immigration Law Counsel is committed to client satisfaction and effective communication by providing legal counsel in your native language. We are located in Hollywood Florida and assist clients in Broward County and throughout Florida. We handle a wide range of legal services such as family-based immigration, deportation defense as well as questions about getting a green card, sponsoring a family member, and getting an employment-based visa if you are a professional looking to work in the US.

Why Choose U.S. Immigration Law Counsel?

At U.S. Immigration Law Counsel, our team is hardworking, experienced, caring and compassionate. We have an in-depth understanding of immigration law and expertise in multiple practice areas. Our resources and experience can rival a large law firm, but we also provide personalized attention to all of our clients. Whether you are seeking to come to the U.S. for the first time or make it your permanent home, our team of immigration lawyers are ready to help. You don’t have to go through the complicated and confusing immigration process alone. Contact us today to discuss your immigration needs.