White Background With Gold Text Logo of U.S. Immigration Law Counsel | Consular Processing Expert

Things You Should Know About Immediate Relative Visas in Florida

You’re trying to immigrate to the United States — specifically, Florida — because you have some relatives there. When you go to the U.S., you want to make sure you’re near your loved ones and can get up and running as quickly as possible. That’s why you’re looking into what’s called an immediate relative visa.

Here’s some more information you should know about this type of visa. 

What Is an Immediate Relative Visa?

An immediate relative visa is for the spouse, unmarried child under 21 years of age, or parent of someone who is a U.S. citizen who is 21 years of age or older. You will be able to become a lawful permanent resident, which means you’ll get a green card, based on your relationship with your family member in the U.S. This visa is not limited to a certain number of individuals like other visas are.

The Documentation You Need 

When applying for an immediate relative visa, you’ll need to submit:

  • Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
  • Copy of Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record or copy of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) admission or parole stamp on the travel document (if applicable)
  • Copy of the Form I-797, Approval or Receipt Notice, for the Form I-130 petition filed on your behalf (unless you are filing Form I-485 together with the Form I-130)
  • Two passport-style photos
  • Copy of your birth certificate
  • Copy of your government-issued identity document with photograph
  • Copy of your passport page with your admission or parole stamp (issued by a U.S. immigration officer) (if applicable)
  • Copy of your passport page with nonimmigrant visa (if applicable)

If you need assistance with any of these forms or the immigration process, it’s best to get in touch with an immigration lawyer in Florida. 

Contact a Florida Immigration Attorney

Do you need help immigrating to the U.S.? Then contact U.S. Immigration Law Counsel through our website or by calling 1-800-666-4996. We deal with the government so you don’t have to. We look forward to assisting you.