White Background With Gold Text Logo of U.S. Immigration Law Counsel | Consular Processing Expert

What Type of Family Visas Are There in Florida?

If you have family living in Florida and you wish to immigrate to the United States, then you could be eligible for what’s called a family visa. By finding out more about family visas, you can start the immigration process and be on your way to earning your visa. Here are the different types of family visas you should know about.

K-3 Spouse Visa

If you’re a non-citizen and you’re married to a citizen, you may qualify for this temporary visa. You can have this visa while waiting for approval of your I-130 Immigrant Petition. 

K-1 Fiancé Visa

If you have this visa and you’re engaged to a U.S. citizen, then you’re allowed to come into the U.S. and marry your spouse-to-be. However, you need to get married within 90 days from the time you entered the U.S. 

Immediate Relative Visa

If you are the spouse, parent, or unmarried child of a U.S. citizen, you could be eligible for an immediate relative visa. There is no limit on the number of people who get approved for this visa.

Family Preference Visa

If one of your relatives is a green card holder, then you can enter the U.S. with this visa. However, only the unmarried children and the spouse of the individual are able to apply for it. It could take months or years to get approved for this type of visa depending on your relationship with the person with the green card. There is a limit on the number of people who get approved for a Family Preference Visa. 

Contact a Florida Immigration Attorney

Do you need help with family visas or other immigration issues? Then contact U.S. Immigration Law Counsel through our website or by calling 1-800-666-4996. We deal with the government so you don’t have to. We look forward to assisting you.